Fawcett InsuranceNorth Vancouver Insurance - Servicing all your insurance needs
Are you covered? We make sure!
In BC all Basic Insurance is provided by ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia) which was founded in 1973.
Every BC motorist’s basic policy includes 5 compulsory coverages:
- $200,000 Third Party Liability,
- $1,000,000 Underinsured Motorist Protection,
- $300,000 Accident Benefits (medical expenses, lost wages and death benefits),
- Hit and Run and Uninsured Motorist Protection
- and Inverse Liability (for provinces/states with no fault insurance).
Optional coverage includes:
- Third Party Liability up to $5,000,000,
- Own Damage Coverage (Collision, Comprehensive and Specified Perils),
- Excess Underinsured Motorist Protection
- and Loss of Use and coverage can be either purchased through ICBC or a private insurance market (if you meet the underwriting criteria of the insurer).
In order to get a quote for private Optional Coverage an application needs to be completed at which point the best insurer will be determined.
With ICBC, drivers start with a base rate and earn a 5% discount for each year claims free with the base discount maxing out at 43% (-9) and can get up to level -20 which would include an additional 11% savings for Optional Coverage. ICBC insures for over 3 million BC motorists with a wide variety of specialty products for every type of vehicle.