Fawcett InsuranceNorth Vancouver Insurance - Servicing all your insurance needs
Are you covered? We make sure!
Home Owners Insurance
Home insurance covers;
- Dwelling Building,
- Detached Private Structures (garages, sheds, gazebos, etc.),
- Personal Property (contents),
- Additional Living Expenses (when the home is uninhabitable due to a claim) and
- Personal Liability on premises and worldwide for unintentional bodily injury or property damage, including legal costs for investigation, defense, settlement, appeals and court costs.
Coverage for the dwelling is often provided on a Guaranteed Replacement Basis, meaning that you are insured for the repair or restoration without any deduction for depreciation in value.
When determining the coverage limit an evaluation is done for the structure factoring in the costs for materials, labour, equipment, debris removal and by-law upgrades (the cost to rebuild to current construction requirements or zoning codes).
All other coverage for property is based on a percentage of the calculated dwelling replacement value. Personal property is provided on a Replacement basis, meaning “new for old” for most items with specific limit for property that is a higher risk for loss (ie: jewellery, bicycles, collectibles) requiring additional coverage.
Many discounts are available such as:
- Claims Free (3 years of insurance claims free),
- Maturity (persons over 50 years old),
- Mortgage Free (no mortgages or secured lines of credit),
- Burglar & Fire Alarm (local and monitored),
- Multi-Line (carrying multiple locations with the same insurer)
- and Credit Check (soft).