Fawcett InsuranceNorth Vancouver Insurance - Servicing all your insurance needs
Are you covered? We make sure!
Motorcyclists often purchase coverage for the riding season and leave their motorcycles uninsured during the storage months which leaves a large opportunity where damage can happen with no coverage in place.
Purchasing Own Damage (Collision/Comprehensive) through a private market provides coverage on a year round basis even when the basic compulsory ICBC coverage is not in place. In BC all Basic Insurance is provided by ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia) which was founded in 1973.
Every BC motorist’s basic policy includes 5 compulsory coverages:
- $200,000 Third Party Liability,
- $1,000,000 Underinsured Motorist Protection,
- $300,000 Accident Benefits (medical expenses, lost wages and death benefits),
- Hit and Run and Uninsured Motorist Protection and Inverse Liability (for provinces/states with no fault insurance).
- Liability insurance up to $5,000,000 would be purchased through ICBC either through active street insurance or storage even if optional coverage is purchased through another insurer.
In order to get a quote for private Optional Coverage an application needs to be completed and submitted to the insurance company for approval.
Once bound, the full term premium is usually earned (or there is a stated minimum retained premium) which does not get refunded in the event of a cancellation unless the property is sold.